Stratton Base Lodge Closed Due to Fire
Skiers redirected to Sun Bowl lodge
Tuesday, February 24, 2015,

An early Tuesday morning fire has resulted in the closure of the Stratton Mountain Resort base lodge. The fire, reportedly on the third floor, caused no injuries. The area hopes to have the lodge reopened on Wednesday.

Stratton Mountain Resort Facebook Post
"The Base Lodge will be closed today for all but ticket sales. Head over to the Sun Bowl lodge for coffee, hot chocolate and yummy tacos! A chimney fire was discovered early this morning and is now contained. All lifts are running including the gondola. Phone and web booking is available. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding"

Related Stories on
  • Two New Chairlifts Open in Southern Vermont - January 5, 2019
  • Leitner-Poma Completes First Brand New Lift of Season - December 11, 2018
  • State Permitting Hampers Vermont Projects - August 20, 2018
  • Initial Lift Construction Continues in Two States - May 18, 2018
  • Magic to Install Quad Chairlift - May 9, 2018
  • Stratton Moving Forward with Snow Bowl Lift Replacement - March 11, 2018
  • Stratton Sold to Owners of Aspen, Squaw Valley - April 10, 2017
  • Rumors Continue to Swirl Around Stratton - March 24, 2017
  • Stowe Sets New England Record with $124 Lift Ticket - October 1, 2016
  • Vermont Construction Projects in Full Gear - August 9, 2015

  • More Information
  • Stratton Mountain Resort on
  • Stratton Mountain Resort on

  • comments powered by Disqus
    Copyright 2014-, All Rights Reserved